The Chemical Substances Web site provides you with different ways to find information. If you need assistance locating information or using features such as how to search our site, please try one of the links below.
You can find information on the Chemical Substances Web site by using one of the following methods:
- Frequently Asked Questions
We invite you to read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), which addresses many of the most common questions.
The glossary page offers quick access to definitions of terms and phrases used across the Chemical Substances Web site
For comments on the Chemical Substances Web site or questions about Chemical Substances (other than questions dealing with the Challenge), please contact Chemical Substances Website Inquiries.
Alternative Formats and Plug-ins
Information throughout the Chemical Substances Web site is provided in HTML as the primary format. In some cases, other software formats are provided as alternatives. To open these alternate formats, you may need to download and install one or more of the following on your computer:
Word Processing Software
- PDF - They may also be available as Portable Document Format. To view these files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If the Adobe download site is not accessible to you, you can download Acrobat Reader from an accessible page. You can also visit the Adobe site for online conversion tools for PDF documents.
- DOC - Some files are available in Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats. To view these files you will need Word Viewer.
- XLS - To read a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel format, you will need the Excel Viewer.
- PPT - Presentations are available in Microsoft PowerPoint format. To view these files you will need PowerPoint Viewer.