Annex C: Member Selection Criteria
Selection of Advisory Panel members will be based on the following criteria.
- Knowledge, expertise, or experience in one or more of the following areas, gained either through academic research or through extensive personal participation in these fields:
- Application of the precautionary principle as a policy instrument;
- Chemical policies of, and the application of the precautionary principle in, other jurisdictions;
- Chemical substance production, import, and/or use, and associated human health and environmental protection procedures;
- International and/or domestic chemical market economics;
- Environmental and/or human health risk study, policy, and/or communication;
- Environmental and/or biological sciences;
- Environmental health social movements in Canada;
- Health and Aboriginal communities;
- Health and safety issues in the home and workplace, especially regarding chemical substances;
- Health care planning and/or delivery.
- Previous committee experience and ability to function effectively within a group.
- For the Panel as a whole, diversity including gender, language, and region.
- Government of Canada security screening at “enhanced reliability” level.
- Willingness to sign an Affiliations and Interests Disclosure Form and Confidentiality Agreement.